Outdoor Master® is the first brand that came up with the whole idea of Electric SUP Pump back in 2016. Inflating an iSUP board manually had always been difficult between some paddleboards including barely functional pumps in the box and you painstakingly trying to pump the board manually. Naturally, the most efficient way of inflating a SUP is with an sup electric pump.
Table of contentWhat is a SUP Electric Pump? Why do I Need an Electric SUP Pump? Things about These Pumps You Need to Know as A Newbie Paddler
Four Outdoor Master® iSUP Electric Pumps ComparisonShark II SUP Electric Air Pump: All-Time Best-Seller Whale Battery Powered SUP Pump: Real Portability Dolphin Electric Paddle Board Pump: Best Affordable Cachalot ISUP Electric Pump: The Budget Choice Conclusion FAQ
What is an Electric SUP Pump?
An electric SUP pump is a device designed to quickly and efficiently inflate your inflatable stand-up paddleboard (iSUP) to the required pressure level, measured in pounds per square inch (PSI).
Just like a vehicle tire, every SUP has an optimal pressure level that needs to be achieved to ensure maximum performance and safety while out on the water.
Things about These Pumps You Need to Know as A Newbie Paddler
Optimal PSI Level
The optimal PSI level for an inflatable stand-up paddleboard is usually between 10 and 15. While most all-rounder SUP boards, yoga SUP boards, and some racing SUP boards typically require 10-15 PSI, surfing SUP boards or whitewater SUP boards might require 16-20 PSI.
No matter what type of SUP you have, it's crucial to know the recommended PSI level to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience on the water.
Active vs. Passive Cooling System
When it comes to sup electric air pump, there are two types of cooling systems: active and passive. An active cooling system consists of a fan and air channel to actively cool the motor as it works, making it the ideal choice for pumping multiple SUPs. On the other hand, a passive system relies solely on air channels to cool the motor.
The Shark II and the Whale are two excellent examples of electric SUP pumps with active cooling systems, while the Dolphin and the Cachalot use passive cooling systems.
Inflate and Deflate
Most Outdoor Master® electric pump for inflatable stand up paddle board have both inflating and deflating features using two separate nozzles, with the exception of the Dolphin. The inflation process is a two-stage procedure that automatically shuts down once the required pressure level is reached.
Deflating your SUP is just as important as inflating it, and with the deflation nozzle, you can quickly and easily remove all the air from your board, making it easier to roll up and extend its lifespan.
Keep in mind that during deflation, the products do not automatically shut down, so you'll need to keep an eye on it to ensure it's done. It typically takes about five minutes to fully deflate your board starting at 15 PSI, and if it's no longer shrinking, it's time to pack it up.
The 12 V Electrical Outlet Power Cable
To power your inflatable SUP electric pump, you'll need to attach the 9' central wire into a 12V electric cigarette lighter port in a car or a portable battery. The power line is flexible, and the plug can be readily removed and replaced with new ones if it ever breaks.
The iSUP valve is one of the most critical components of any inflatable paddleboard, and the Outdoor Master® electric SUP pump comes with five different nozzles to ensure you have the right one for your board:
- Pinch Valve: A small one for things like pool rings or platforms.
- Boston Valve: For most standard pool inflatables.
- C7 Valve: For most standard inflatable kayaks.
- H3/HR Valve: For most traditional inflatable stand up paddle board, especially ones with Halkey-Roberts valves.
- 805 Valve/S2：Some other brands have a specific requirement for this valve. 805/S2 valve perfectly connected with Halkey Robers valve& WAVELINE XS DINGLY valve.
Why do I Need a SUP Electric Pump?
If one or more of these is you, that means you’ll need a stand up paddle board electric pump, pronto：
- You're sick of inflating your iSUP manually
- You're having trouble deflating your iSUP
- You need to inflate many paddleboards, and quickly
- You know, or own a paddler who is smaller, younger, or weaker (shhh, a kid) who can't inflate their paddleboard on their own.
- You've unfortunately recently put your manual pump somewhere where it will be forever forgotten because you really cannot remember and are not bothered to flip your entire garage upside down to find it and want to replace it with something better.
Four Outdoor Master® iSUP Electric Pumps Comparison
|Shark II||Dolphin II||Cachalot||Whale|
|Max. Boards Fill Up||3 to 4||10
||2||2 to 3|
|Dimensions (inches)||12.2 x 10.4 x 7.1||10.2 x 6.7 x 6.6||14 x 6.9 x 7.1||15.9 x 11.2 x 7.1|
|Inflation Time (Min)||6:25||12:08||7:10||6:58|
|Operation Noise (dB)||85.06||75.7||86.5||88.3|
The inflation time and operation noise can vary significantly due to changes in barometric pressure. The standard data provided above is for the inflation of a 15 PSI SUP.
Shark II SUP Electric SUP Pump: All-Time Best-Seller
Look no further than the 2022 Outdoor Master® Shark II electric pump if you're looking for a strong, well-built pump that can inflate up to 3-4 SUPs in a row without stopping! The Shark electric pump has proven to be dependable, inflating boards from iROCKER, Thurso Surf, GILI, Red Paddle Co, to Chasing Blue, and other prominent SUP manufacturers’ boards quickly and effectively.
While the pump is a little larger than other electric pumps on the market, it is still not very heavy, and it is easy to grip.
More significantly, this pump is really simple to operate, with wonderful features like automatic shut-off once your board has been inflated.
- Can inflate 3-4 SUPs non-stop (6-10min each)
- Very high 20 PSI cap
- Rapid 2-stage inflation.
- Deflation nozzle
- Easy to use touchpad and digital screen.
- Active cooling system
- 12 V cigarette or car outlet only. Jumper cables needed to connect directly to a 12V battery.
Whale Battery Powered SUP Pump: Real Portability
The Outdoor Master® Whale Battery Powered electric pump for SUP would be a great fit for a paddler that needs something portable and versatile for up to 16 PSI range. The inbuilt battery gives this pump an edge as a compact, cohesive unit. This thing is built to last and will not break easily AT ALL.
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Solid Industrial design and material quality
- Integrated LED flashlight for early morning/night trips
- Included wall outlet adapter for easy charging
- Battery life display on the digital display
- 16 PSI cap (not a con if you don’t need more)
Dolphin Electric Paddle Board Pump: Best Affordable
The Dolphin electric paddle board pump is the overall bang-for-buck choice. It is small and portable and is a perfect fit for a car trunk. It even fits in a backpack. Also, it has compatibility with Advanced Element, Atoll, Bluefin, Dynamo, Fanatic, Hero, Hydro-Force, IRocker, Nixy, Peak, Redpaddle, ROC, Thurso and many Other Major iSUP Board brands.
- Most Affordable
- Up to 20 PSI
- 70 dB, the quietest electric sup pump in the market
- Inflate 10 SUPs in a row
- Connects to your car's 12V DC connector.
- 12A fuse for increased safety.
- Lightest and most compact
- Digital display with real-time pressure monitoring
- Passive cooling system
- No deflation
Cachalot iSUP Electric Pump: The Budget Choice
The cachalot has a unique square design, different to all other products. Look no further if you want an all-rounder SUP pump with some characters.
- Inflates 2 iSUPs in a row
- Max 20 PSI
- Carry handle ergonomically built into body
- Passive cooling system
- The Whale is definitely your choice if you want to go wireless. However, it does only support 16 PSI of pressure.
- If you don't mind inflating your board at your car, the Shark II has mostly all the features for a better price.
- The Cachalot has a lot of everything, with much less of a price. And if you want both portability and a decent price, the Dolphin is your go-to.
What kind of pump do I need for a SUP?
A 12V electric SUP pump is the ideal solution for SUPers who want to quickly inflate a paddle board.
Are paddleboard pumps universal?
Outdoor Master® electric SUP pump can be used on just about any inflatable product available on the market.
How to Replace the SUP Board Valve?
How long does it take to inflate a SUP with an electric pump?
Between 10-20 minutes. You should expect any 12v pump to take between 10-20 mins to inflate a board. (and if there is no active cooling system, They get hot in use so most of them need time to cool down before being used again.)
Where to buy SUP electric pump?
Well, Outdoor Master! We are a California-based company started by a bunch of outdoor enthusiasts. They found out that getting good functional gear required premium brand prices. Cheap bargain gear frequently didn't work and was a waste of money. They decided to create good, functioning gear at an affordable price. They also were the ones to come up with the SUP electric pump idea back in 2019.